Recently due to dairy , gluten and sugar sensitivities, my family has started to eat the Paleo foods. My family is a huge rice eater, due to my husband being half Filipino. The Cauliflower is a great substitute for rice.
Cauliflower Fried Rice:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1/2 red onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
1 head organic cauliflower-stem removed and steamed (you can use non organic too)
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
Black pepper to taste
3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the minced onions, garlic and basil. Place the steamed cauliflower in the bowl as well, and add the egg, coconut flour, salt and pepper.
2. Using a potato masher, mash the cauliflower down to the consistency of rice. mix all of the ingredients well.
3. heather the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the cauliflower rice and saute for 7-10 minutes or until the onions are tender.
Easy Steak Skewers:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 1/2 pounds sirloin steaks cut into 1-inch cubes
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Cracked black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 zucchini squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
3 cups cremini mushrooms (about 1/2 a pound)
1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1. Place the chunks of steak into a large mixing bowl, add the extra-virgin olive oil, and generously sprinkle with the basil, oregano, garlic, and cracked black pepper.
2. Add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper and mix well until all the steak pieces are covered with the spices.
3. Take metal or bamboo skewers and alternate skewering pieces of the meat and veggies.
4. Cook over a medium-high grill for 7-10 minutes, turning often.
Recipe is from:
Everyday Paleo By. Sarah Fragoso